- Around 10 million people will seek help from their family doctor each year with arthritis or related conditions.
- Of these, it’s estimated that around 8 million will have osteoarthritis, and more than 400,000 will have rheumatoid arthritis.
- About 15,000 children and adolescents will suffer from juvenile forms of arthritis.
- Around 250,000 people will have gout.
- About 10,000 people have lupus (SLE).
What is Arthritis Arthritis is inflammation of the joints (the points where bones meet) in one or more areas of the body. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, all of which have different causes and treatment methods. The symptoms of arthritis usually appear gradually but they may also occur suddenly. .Who gets arthritis?Arthritis is most commonly seen in adults over the age of 65 but it can also develop in children and teens Some statistics says