Some Facts You Should Know
- Children do get arthritis too.
- There are new treatments for RA which can stop disease progression.
- Process of permanent joint damage can set in as early as 12 weeks from onset of symptoms in RA.
- Early treatment prevents joint damage. Having RA increases risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Patients do not get any symptoms from osteoporosis until they fracture a bone.
- There are non-surgical treatment options for osteoarthritis.
- In the early stages of arthritis blood tests and joint examination can be normal.
- Rheumatoid Factor and ANA can be seen in normal population.
- Ultrasound scan is 7 times more sensitive than plain X-ray in identifying the arthritis changes.